The 8th & I Reunion Association
An organization of Marines
who served at
8th & I Streets, S.E.,
8th and I Reunion 2019
· Reunion Dates: July 11-14, 2019.
· Room Rates: $129 / night @ Crystal Gateway Marriott, Arlington, VA
· Banquet Buffet Dinner Price: $90. Includes Salad, Pasta, London Broil, Ribs, Fish, Crab Cakes, Chicken, and Dessert. Cash bar.
o Thursday - Check Ins
o Friday - Morning City Tour, Evening Parade
o Saturday - Morning Marine Corps Museum Trip, Evening Banquet
o Sunday - Check Out / Head Home
o More details and events to follow.
The website link below will provide you with prices and registration options for all items for this reunion
(banquet, bussing, museums, etc). I have also included some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) below.
Reunion Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
There were a lot of interesting comments and questions in response to a recent poll
we sent out regarding the upcoming reunion (see details above).
1. Will group transportation be available while attending? Yes, we will have transportation available from the hotel to each event. We anticipate that it will cost $25 per person for any event.
2. Will this be the only added item [brunch cruise] to the agenda? No, we are also planning a city bus tour, Friday Night Parade, Marine Corps Museum visit, and a Banquet over the reunion weekend.
3. Does the reunion include seats at the parade? Yes. We have an event signup website up and running. See the link below.
4. Will you give us information about proper dress code for the dinner and the Friday night parade? Yes, I believe that the dress code will be business casual for both events.
5. How about a tour of the Pentagon or the White House? Sorry but we are not planning a White House or Pentagon Tour over the reunion weekend, but there should be ample enough time for you to schedule your own trip to the White House or Pentagon.
6. It would be great to have bleacher seats or chair seats facing the parade deck and not the 'peanut gallery'. We totally agree and are working with the barracks to get the best seats available for the parade.
7. How many people have rsvp'd yes so far? We've had over 100 people respond to the survey so far. We had over 300 people attend the Friday Night Parade and Banquet at the 2016 reunion. We expect many more for the reunion in 2019.
8. Would love to see some 8th&I patches to purchase to sew on an alumni sport coat. We agree and there should be patches and other memorabilia available at the reunion.
9. How early will the weekend reunion be announced in advance? You can save these dates for the 2019 reunion, July 11-14, 2019. We have a website up and running for you to register and purchase tickets. See the link above.
10. Do we get to go to the SNCO club and wait for the parade to start and at the end of the parade? We are not planning a visit to the SNCO club at this time. Due to security concerns, I'm not sure how accessible the SNCO club would be for 300+ Marines and their guests.
11. D.C. is chock full of interesting places that are seldom promoted. Women's Memorial at Arlington, National Cathedral, Library of Congress, Supreme Court, Spy Museum, Dumbarton Oaks, Embassy Row, Waterfront, Arena Stage Theater, even a balcony seat at Congress. We agree. There should be ample time over the weekend for you to visit some of these other great attractions around Wash, DC.
12. I have a family of 6. Will we all be able to receive tickets to the parade...? Or is their a limit...? As of now, there is no limit, but we will be charging $25 per person for the bus from the hotel to the Friday Night Parade.
13. I'm thinking about going the airbnb route since we're planning on arriving in DC a few days prior and leaving a day after. Is this something that's been done before? We have a block of rooms reserved at the Crystal Gateway Marriott but you are welcome to make your own accommodations. Just be warned that Wash, DC traffic can be severe and unpredictable, so plan accordingly.
Click here for the Reunion Website, info and to sign up for the July 11-14, 2019 Reunion in Washington DC:
2019 8th and I Reunion
Donations Welcome - You Can Help
To help pay deposits and other expenses incurred during our preparation of our 2019 reunion
we are asking members for donations to build our treasury for the 2019 reunion and beyond.
We can accept checks or PayPal deposits of any amount.
Please make checks payable to: 8th & I Reunion Association
Mail checks to:
Kingsville, TX 78363
Or pay through PayPal (account required): https://www.paypal.com
To Account: firstname.lastname@example.org jescobar2 @ sbcglobal.net
Contact us at: cgccontact @ 8thandI.com - 8th&I Reunion Association
Return to top of page
Copyright - All Rights Reserved - ©